Friday, May 18, 2012

1st Mother's Day

     My first Mother's Day was wonderful.  As usual, Josh did a fabulous job of gift giving.  I got a beautiful necklace with a cross made out of diamonds.   It's so nice and Jeffery picked it out...even better.  :-)  I also got another surprise.  Josh had our favorite picture enlarged and put onto a canvas to hang in our house.  It's actually the picture that I have at the top of my blog, taken by my lovely friend Meg Cline!  It is so sweet.  I just love my little family!
     We had a nice, relaxing morning together and then we got to visit our mamas too.  We visited with my parents for a while and Jeffery showed off his new walking-with-assistance skills.  He loves to push his little V-tech learning walker around and around!  After he took a short nap we headed over to Josh's mom's for a delicious dinner.  It had been a while since I had steak and potatoes and it did not disappoint.  I had a wonderful day and definitely felt the love.  I got sweet cards from Josh and Jeffery and from my mother-in-law.  None of them quite compared to the surprise that was waiting for me when I picked up Jeffery on Monday afternoon.  He thought it would be nice to give me one last Mother's Day gift.
     Quite possibly the sweetest gift I have ever been given.  I cried my eyes out while reading the poem in the car.  I think I will keep this for the rest of my life.  You really can't understand the love that a parent feels for their child until you have your own!  I am so in love with this little boy.  Happy Mother's Day to all the mommies out there who are in love with their little boys/girls, no matter how old they are!

1 comment:

  1. So sweet! His little handprint is so cute.... and one day you will marvel that it was so tiny!

    Happy Mother's Day to a wonderful sweet momma! Your little boy is lucky to have you!

    (PS, love that Josh made that photo a canvas! I can't wait to see it sometime.)

    ReplyDelete