Sunday, June 10, 2012

Sunday dinner

I love Sundays.  Josh is home, we get to go to church, get some things done around the house, run errands together, and we have the time to make a delicious dinner on the grill.  Today was no exception, except for the church part...we were all too tired when we woke up this morning to make it.  We got to spend the day at the pool with Josh's mom and brother yesterday and I think the sun took it's tole on Jeffery and me.  By the way, he had so much fun playing in the water.  I think he is going to be a little fish like his daddy!

Okay, so back to Sundays.  Tonight we decided to grill squash, zucchini, and pork chops.  We used marinade from Town and Country in Greensboro, recommended to us by Uncle Jeff and Diane (thank you!) and it was delicious!!  We also had spinach salad with sunflower seeds and blue cheese crumbles.  I don't think I had ever tried blue cheese before because it looks/smells gross, but Josh convinced me to try it tonight on my salad.  I was shocked at how much I liked it.  The cheese mixed with sunflower seeds and balsamic vinaigrette was a party in my mouth.  Jeffery scarfed down several pieces of zucchini and squash (I am so proud of my veggie-loving toddler) and he also enjoyed some spaghetti-o's.  I know, I know, but I didn't want to feed him pork chops just yet (he only has 5 teeth).  He loved his dinner as much as we loved ours and I got a few hilarious pictures of him feeding himself.




Happy Sunday evening!  We are ready for another crazy week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment